AS-1049 Master Cylinder And Pedal Mount for 1949-1954 Chevy
This master cylinder & pedal mount adapts Mustang and other cylinders to 1949-1954 Chevy. For use with later style brake systems, disk or drum. Uses original pedal in original position. Fully bolt on.
Installation Instructions for AS-1049 Bolt on brake pedal adapter for 1949-1954 Chevy
for use with Pinto / Mustang Master Cylinder (and others using the same patern)
Use Chassis Engineering Master Cylinders:
1. Remove old master cylinder with pedals.
2. Place new unit in same location, using original mounting holes as locators.
There are matching 3/8″ holes in the new mount.
3. Drill remaining holes and bolt in place.
4. Remove brake pedal from original master cylinder by removing plug on front of unit.
Pull retainer from hole. Brake pedal will now slide out of the side.
5. Install brake pedal in new mount. Tighten set screwuntil it bottoms. Important:Be sure set screw is in slot on pivot shaft. Loosen set screw until brake just pivots freely on shaft. Lock set screw in place with jam nut.
6. Be sure pedal operates through full stroke without binding. Adjust linkage as needed. Note: Linkage provided is for Pinto-Mustang cylinders, others may not fit without modification.
Note: it is the installers responsibility to see that all brake components operate properly and without any interference or binding.
This product can expose you to chemicals, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.