AS-2022 Master Cylinder Adapter for 1941-1948 Ford
This master cylinder adapter bolts a Pinto-Mustang II master cylinder to the 1941-1948 Ford pedal. Spaces pedal assembly over to clear turbo 350. Some fitting is required.
Hardware & instructions
Instructions for AS-2022 Master Cylinder Adapter for 1941-1948 Ford
Uses stock pedal and modified pedal mount. Use to clear Chevy 350 Turbo
1. Remove original brake pedal, cylinder mount and master cylinder.
2. Using a press, remove pivot shaft from original cast mounting bracket.
3. Press in new shaft until it clears spacer and brake pedal.
4. Bolt original mount back in place using spacers to space mount away from frame.
5. Put spacer over pivot shaft and slide pedal into place. Pedal is now back in original location. Check for full travel and clearance around pedal hub. Remove obstructions if necessary.
6. remove pedal. Use original brake push rod end as a spacer to fill the space that it originally occurpied. Cut off all except donut. Weld donut in place if possible, however, this isn’t essential. Now drill the hole to 3/8″ and reinstall the brake pedal. Bolt plunger on outside of brake pedal to line up with cylinder. (original was in the area you just filled).
7. Bolt cylinder adapter to original mount using allen head bolts included with the kit. Make sure to use threadlock solution here as there is no other means of locking the bolts. Adapter may or may not need some slight grinding to clear.
8. Directly above the master cylinder location is a body support brace. Do not remove this brace. Modify it to clear the master cylinder and then replate the cut area to restore original strength.
9. The master cylinder can now be installed and the push rod adjusted.
This product can expose you to chemicals, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.