AS-2040R Brake Pedal Kit for 1935-1940 Ford (Chassis Engineering X-rails)
Bolt-on brake pedal and mounting kit uses Mustang (Ford pattern) master cylinder and others (by filling holes). Bolts to the x-rail. Comes with standard linkage. This is the first step to a standard or power system. Use with Chassis Engineering X-rails part # AT-2036
Installation Instructions for AS-2040R Bolt On Brake Pedal Adapter for 1935-1940 Ford Car and Pickup Truck using Chassis Engineering X-rails
For use with Mustang / Maverick Master Cylinder (and others with the same pattern)
Use Master Cylinders:
1. Remove old pedal from frame.
2. Match the template included with the kit to the top 2 holes for line up. They will match the original assembly holes. Cut clearance hole as indicated on template. Holes may intersect holes already in frame.
3. For 1935-1938, mark and drill the 2 lower holes. for 1939-1940, match the two lower holes to the pedal mount.
4. Install pedal assembly and mount the master cylinder.
5. Match plunger rod to the cylinder used. Length and shape of rod will vary with cylinder used. The plunger will not necessarily fit as is.
6. Adjust pedal free play to 3/4 inch.
Note: Assembly will accept early mustang, maverick etc as is. To use Chevy or others, file mounting holes in master cylinder to match those in pedal assembly. It is the installers responsibility to see that all brake components operate correctly and without interference or binding.
This product can expose you to chemicals, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, visit www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.